Boot for Nitek DUO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paddler3d

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had a bizarre problem this January and Feb with my 1 yr old DR Nitek DUO.

As soon as I got it, I ordered your DSS bungee boot for it. My SK-7 is in one of your bungee boots, my Uwatec used to be. I love them.

My DUO had been in it flawlessly for a season without any issue. In January we did our typically New Years day dive. My computer didn't register I was diving until a few minutes into the dive. I had another computer, so I didn't worry about it.

I forgot about it until the next time I went diving in February and the same thing again. It took it two minutes and around 20ft before it would start to work.

After the morning dives, I was telling one of my dive buddies and he told me to work the computer in the boot and loosen it up. He claimed at times the boot can suction to the computer and the 'pressure sensor' can't sense what it going on until water is forced in by pressure around it.:confused:

Whatever. I tried it. I'll be damned. Computer worked right away and the problem hasn't occurred again.

My question is, have you heard this before? Could you suggest a way to modify the bottom of the boot so as to allow more water around the computer?

Open to suggestion here.

Thanks,

Chris

I had a bizarre problem this January and Feb with my 1 yr old DR Nitek DUO.

As soon as I got it, I ordered your DSS bungee boot for it. My SK-7 is in one of your bungee boots, my Uwatec used to be. I love them.

My DUO had been in it flawlessly for a season without any issue. In January we did our typically New Years day dive. My computer didn't register I was diving until a few minutes into the dive. I had another computer, so I didn't worry about it.

I forgot about it until the next time I went diving in February and the same thing again. It took it two minutes and around 20ft before it would start to work.

After the morning dives, I was telling one of my dive buddies and he told me to work the computer in the boot and loosen it up. He claimed at times the boot can suction to the computer and the 'pressure sensor' can't sense what it going on until water is forced in by pressure around it.:confused:

Whatever. I tried it. I'll be damned. Computer worked right away and the problem hasn't occurred again.

My question is, have you heard this before? Could you suggest a way to modify the bottom of the boot so as to allow more water around the computer?

Open to suggestion here.

Thanks,

Chris

Unless the cases for the Nitek Duo have been changed, the "port" for the pressure sensor is both recessed into the bottom of the instrument , and this recess has a groove that connects to area where the boot is open to the surrounding water.

I have great doubts that it is even possible for a DSS Nitek Duo boot to block the pressure sensor even if you wanted it to.

My guess is the phenomena you observed was a coincidence. I've had no other reports of this occuring.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom