Booties Question????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was one of my original reasons for checking into valved booties. Although I have yet to do any shore diving, I certainly plan to. Another thought would be that a hole might be put in the wrong location and become a P.I.T.A. itself.

-Crispy

Many, many years ago, just after a police action in a small southeast asian was concluded, I was stationed in Hawaii with the 25th Infantry Division and spent a large amount of my days slogging around in the swamps and such, practicing for the NEXT jungle conflict. We all wore issued US Army Jungle boots, which had two little brass screens in the arch portion of the foot, near where the leather and sole came together. Stepping out of what ever water you were in, onto dry ground, caused little 'geysers' of water to shoot sideways out of the boots with each step, until much of the water was gone.... Putting holes in your booties in a similar place, will cause similar "squirts" of water as you walk around on the boat, or deck....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom