Boston Dive site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRESSIDVR9

Reaction score
Headed to Boston sometime this summer . I was wonderin if there were any good dive sites there. whats the dive conditions like ?

Diving in Boston proper is not the best of plans... Gloucester, about 40 mins north of Boston, however, offers some of the best NE has to offer. Check out www.capeanndivers.com for a list of dive sites and an overview of their charter service (top notch).

Adam

Adam is right. I also enjoy Rhode Island (about 1.5 hours south).

If you post your experience level, we can recommend some particular sites.

I notice the you're from Mississippi. Be sure that you have proper exposure protection. It's much colder up here, particularly on Cape Ann, than the Gulf.

Rockport, MA:
1. Castle Rock (need high tide and rock climbing with equipment)
2. Folley Cove (need high tide)
3. Old Garden Beach (easy entry and always a beautiful dive)

Jamestown, RI:
1. Ft. Wetherall
2. (Still learning the other sites in Jamestown and Newport)

When you are around this summer, let us know!

Some of my favorites:

Off Cape Ann

Chester Poling
Paddock Rock

Off Rhode Island (Block Island vicinity)

U-853 (deep and for experienced only)
Idene
Heroine

All of the above are boat dives.

Thanks for the info .Ive been diving for a year now. I dive quarries but would like to do a little salt water diving also.
I plan to do a little gulf diving but am coming to Boston to visit relative this summer and wanted to see what was up there. This may be my only chance . I have a full 7mm suit. This should be o.k shouldn't it.

I dove a 7mm for all of last summer and was toasty warm the whole. I began diving doubles, so now it's a drysuit....

Adam

You also need gloves and a full hood. Sometimes in RI you don't need them but be sure to bring them when you visit. We have great shore dives around here!

Back
Top Bottom