How is diving in MA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they run a good safe operation? Are the sites they visit good sites and worth the trouble?
I’ve probably dived with them two or three times. They adhere to standard best practices, and the captain has always been helpful. Small boat. I have no issues recommending them. They go to a variety of sites listed on their website. For me they’ve been worth it.

It helps to like cold water diving! Most up here around Pen Bay use 7mm semi-dry or farmer John suits. A few dive dry, mostly the urchin or scallop guys. You need to know when to make the turn. The water is fine, I find the bigger challenge is getting out and de-gearing in a wicked cold wind.

He said "wicked"...he's totally legit! :thanks:

Kettle ponds in the cape are great for testing gear or when in need of an otherwise stress free environment.

I have found locally that Newport RI has been the best ocean dives, particularly King's Beach and Green Bridge.

The VIS is much less than your used to in FL.

Some of us do dive year round but a drysuit is very highly recommend for that. I recommend anyone that want to get serious about NE diving get one. Even the summer months the water is pretty cold at the deeper dives so a cold water reg is a must.

Water temps in RI can hit low 70's in the summer and tropical fish can be found in the fall at some of the RI sites.

Boston and cape ann will be a few degrees colder for water temps, expect warmest to be mid to high 60's.

Lots of cool stuff to see up here just plan your sites based on winds.

Take it slow do easy shallow shore dives till you get used to the new conditions.

It helps to like cold water diving! Most up here around Pen Bay use 7mm semi-dry or farmer John suits. A few dive dry, mostly the urchin or scallop guys. You need to know when to make the turn. The water is fine, I find the bigger challenge is getting out and de-gearing in a wicked cold wind.

That's why I have a easy up and space heater. 😁

It's a decent op. I've gone out with them a few times.

Do they cater to Technical divers or to recreational divers?

Back
Top Bottom