How is diving in MA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they cater to Technical divers or to recreational divers?

Note, the boat doesn't have benches like most dive.boats. it is a table style bench in the middle. You set you gear under it and sit on it. When ready pick up gear and set on bench and get into in. So you could do doubles etc from it, but it's ideal boat for those types of dives. But it is doable.

Do they cater to Technical divers or to recreational divers?

Recreational in my experience - but if the boat / divers are cool with doing a couple recreational dives at the same site, that might allow you to do one longer deco dive or something - just check with the captain first.

I've dived my twin 100's on their boat without issue, however the boat wasn't full (they take up to six divers) so there was ample space on the middle table where people assemble their kits. If the boat were full, adding a deco cylinder to the mix could make things a bit crowded.

I LOVE diving in New England...
(I loved it so much and became VERY experienced diving in New England, I was the president of the WPI Scuba club for two years when I was in undergraduate school)
Well here are some Fish and Snips from Folly Cove New England! Plus, my son graduated from WPI in 2019, loved it there. Sadly he does not dive, so I don't know if there is still a dive club there.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-17 085946.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-17 085946.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2023-07-17 091059.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-17 091059.png
    558.1 KB · Views: 36
Well here are some Fish and Snips from Folly Cove New England! Plus, my son graduated from WPI in 2019, loved it there. Sadly he does not dive, so I don't know if there is still a dive club there.
Below are my starfish from Saturday, also Folly Cove. Other good shore locations on Cape Ann are Old Garden Beach, Cathedral Rocks (rocky entry), Magnolia Rock (same), and a few others.

There are also a few decent lakes and ponds up north (Winnipesauke has some wrecks), but be careful with spring-fed ponds. They can be quite cold.

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2122.jpeg
    IMG_2122.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 47
The problem with cape Anne now is parking is getting harder and harder
True. Folly was fairly easy this weekend, though, despite ~15 divers on the beach. You just have to walk a 1/4 mile.
Cathedral used to be easy too, but I have not been this year yet. The hike to the shoreline is ghastly though. Similar with Magnolia.

I stopped doing lanes, cathedral and folly a few years ago because the arthritis in my knee started saying you think your doing what again.

I fell twice a folly fully geared up....

True. Folly was fairly easy this weekend, though, despite ~15 divers on the beach. You just have to walk a 1/4 mile.
I think i saw you doing that walk with a tank on your shoulder as i was leaving! Were you one of the German speaking guys?

I think i saw you doing that walk with a tank on your shoulder as i was leaving! Were you one of the German speaking guys?
Indeed :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom