Both kudo & whine for unitedcamera (camera repair)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdtran

Geography Police
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A switch on my Panasonic DMC-ZS3 failed. United Camera (www (dot) unitedcamera (dot) com) repairs cameras, so I sent them my camera.

Here's the whine:
Camera shipped back to me via UPS on 7/22. They used a UPS/USPS economy service, but did not fill out my address completely on the package, so USPS did a "return to sender." The package was bouncing in the USPS system for several weeks. Each time I e-mailed customer service (or called them on the phone), it was "please be patient; as soon as we get the camera back from USPS, we will send to you express at our expense."

Here's the kudo:
Approximately 1 month after I expected the camera back, I e-mailed the director of customer service at United Camera, politely expressing my dissatisfaction, and requesting (a) expediting the return via USPS or (b) a replacement camera (same model, refurbished OK), and (c) refund of repair fees. The director of customer service called me on the phone pretty much immediately after my e-mail, and agreed to obtain a refurbished replacement (or my original camera, whichever came first) & a refund of my repair fees.

I received a refurbished replacement (same model) and a refund of the repair charges.

So, there you have it. A whine about the company messing up a simple shipment, but a kudo for stepping up & making things right.

Would I use United Camera again? Yes, but with the expectation that service speed would be equal to a good ascent rate...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom