Bottom Timer with Minutes & Seconds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

We do the gas switch at PO2 1.6 and spend enough time there for it to have an effect.... it is the gas switch deco stop.

Do the same for the 50% @ 70 or 80% at 30 (I know, I know, but IANTD likes 80%). I was typing and thinking at the same time I guess.

If we're using 35% and 80%, we'll just switch over to 35% at 120 without doing a stop, then stop at 100. At 70 we'll do the same as you. I oversimplified the RT chart to get the point across.

Phil

I keep Great Lakes dives down to around 60-70 min total. We do that because of the temp and the OW hazards. Summer isn't bad though. Whitefish can be in the mid 60's up shallow and southern Lake Michigan can be mid 70's. those temps make for comfortable deco. The longer dives I was refering to are in a 55+ deg f cave. The guys doing the real long stuff here (the OCDA) are using electric underware and battery cans rigged like a stage bottle for their shallow stops. Their dives take all day. Our longest is I think 134 minutes (way short by comparisson) and I stayed plenty warm. My wife was starting to chill though so that's about our limit with our current equipment. On the good side the cavern zone is an interesting place to hang out so I don't get board. There is a flooded mine that we dive and it is COLD but it's also shallow so when you get cold you just end the dive.

As I'm still learning here, why do you feel it necessary to also have stop times if you have RT?

Its necessary to know the stop times because you might have a delay for some reason or another. If you only have run time and you do get delayed, when you're ready to resume your deco schedule you're going to have to back the stop times out of your run times to continue your schedule, then re-figure the run times. If you have the stop times, you can just go on from there.

The Pirate :pirate:

I am referring to the temp difference between your water and our water. My longest dive here was 62 minutes and that just gets to be not fun! I'm a weenie. :D

What's the purpose of a 20minute dive to 160'? Are you just going down to do it?

Heading back to the PNW for some more wreck diving in February for a few days. We'll be freezing after the first couple of hours too. I guess it depends on the purpose of the dive, eh?

Divesherpa once bubbled...
What's the purpose of a 20minute dive to 160'? Are you just going down to do it?
The purpose of this dive was to find a *wall* that turned out to be a small clay bank that ran from 100' to 120'.

Heading back to the PNW for some more wreck diving in February for a few days.
What wreck?

What wreck?

Don't know the name of the wrecks yet. There were quite a few discoveries over the last few months. We are basing out of Craig on Prince of Wales Island. The wrecks aren't in that great of shape, but they are plentiful. I'll send some pics if we find anything interesting. Mostly, it's just fishing boat remains or cargo barges, but I have seen some good stuff.

Are there any wrecks in your neck of the woods? It seems like there would be quite a few off the Washington coast. I know there are quite a few just north of you in southern B.C. and throughout Alaska.
Cheers

Divesherpa once bubbled...
We are basing out of Craig on Prince of Wales Island. The wrecks aren't in that great of shape, but they are plentiful. I'll send some pics if we find anything interesting.
I keep forgetting Alaska is PNW to you :D I thought maybe you were coming here to Western Washington!

Sounds interesting... and pictures of above and below water would be apreciated.

Shane and I have been on several of the BC *wrecks* ... intentionally sunk Canadian warships... but since neither of us have had any penetration training we just stayed outside (for the most part) ... and that gets old fast.

Once we get some training then perhaps we will make the effort to go find and dive some wrecks.

Come on down here, Pug, and do some of this good cave diving. I wasn't too excited about it when I started, but I'm an addict now. New holes keep springing up and that's always nice.
Georgitsis doesn't teach any penetrations up there?

Cheers

I'm a firm believer that caves are far safer than wrecks, but wrecks are far safer after cave training!:D

Don't put it off too long, the class costs are rising. If you need someone to help with planning a course, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom