Bouyancy characteristics of GoPro in dive housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the buoyancy characteristics of the GoPro Hero2 and the new dive housing in salt water? Also, how negative/positive is it? Like a rock, like a helium balloon?

Thanks,

Jason

solid as a rock

Exactly. Make sure you use a lanyard/tether to attach it to yourself!

I have thought of using high density foam on my tray to make it neutral (or slightly negative), but didn't have the chance to get the material yet.

It is negative but is so tiny that there should be absolutely no issue with it.

My light tray with 2 lights and Hero2 is a heafty 7.5lbs but once I'm in the saltwater it's... I'm guessing 2lbs. 5mins of practice and it's all good.

4.jpg

Thanks everyone. I actually want it negative as I'm looking to setup some shots using a small tripod. :)

I did that a bunch in this video..

[video=youtube;ZyH8KsRbqD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyH8KsRbqD8&feature=share&list=UU1utDku8vJ RJYgBZImLyLJQ[/video]

July 2012 Family Springs - YouTube

If you want to leave it on the sea floor use a weight belt you just need a bit of current and it will tip as it won't be more than 50-100 grams negative

Back
Top Bottom