Bouyant Alterra Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone else have trouble with the Alterra boots being too bouyant?
This has always been a problem for me both wet and dry, as floaty feet tend to aggravate my miserable back. I ordered my fusion with the evo 2 boots , and it showed up with alterras instead. I was okay with it at first, probably because they fit my fins better and i was just stoked to have my suit. Mistake! I should have insisted on receiving the boots I requested.
I am having trouble once again with the feet floating. I know my fins are neutral and that the boots are positive. I know that floaty feet can be a problem when diving dry, however,when I demo'd the evo2's it wasn't a problem.
The quick fix is ankle weights for now. I would rather evolve towards not needing them.
Also, are the new whites boots neutral or positive?
Any advice is apreciated. And, I always leave room for the very probable possibility of operator error.......

I have a pair of both the Alterra and Evo boots and have used them with my Nexus and my Fusion. Can't say I've noticed any difference between the two. My fins are a bit negative.

Thanks, that helps. i figured the EVo's wouldn't be an option. Now I know...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom