BOW at Pro Dive in FLL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris_b

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, background story: my wife and I started a NAUI open water course here in Iowa, she was unhappy with it (class was too big, atmosphere was kind of like boot camp), I just loved being underwater regardless. She quit, I didn't, though I don't plan on doing my OW dives here even now that I've finished all the pool work.

She still wants to get certified and we're planning on going to Florida for a couple of weeks in July. I figured that, for the cost of my doing the dives, I could just spend a little more and take the course with her. Never hurts to have more practice, right?

Anyway, I've been looking for a place for us to take an OW course while we're in Florida. I recall someone having good words to say about doing their referral dives with Pro Dive in Ft. Lauderdale. Does anyone have experience with this school? How about other options or recommendations?

One other question: do you think it would be a good idea for us to take the course together, or should I just do referral dives and let her take the class by herself? I'm wondering if she might feel less nervous if I'm not around.

TIA for your responses!

Chris

i've dove with pro dive on 2 separate occasions, and they are a class operation from what i can tell. i didn't take a class there, but it is said to be a good school as well. as for whether or not you should take OW again or not, well, thats your call. it's all up to you. i don't know where they take OW students to do dives. ft. lauderdale does have excellent dives though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom