Bp/W pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
What does everyone here (who uses them) like for pockets and why? As far as pockets I am referring to pockets like the oms no sag pockets and others available.

Don't carry a whole lot in pockets when I dive, but I do use the small Dive Rite slate pockets. They can be used for a bit of ditchable weight or other objects one may want to take on the dive.

The Kraken:
Don't carry a whole lot in pockets when I dive, but I do use the small Dive Rite slate pockets. They can be used for a bit of ditchable weight or other objects one may want to take on the dive.

I have two xs scuba pockets should I need to add some weight but don't know yet. Where would be the ideal place to store a safety sausage, whistle, etc? I would rather not have them clipped off all over me. I am looking for a pocket similar to a slate pocket that is not huge but can store these types of items.

I use 5th D bellows pockets, both glued onto the legs of my drysuit with a mix of Aquaseal and Cotol. They keep my BP harness uncluttered, and give me room to store a spool, bag, spare mask, etc., and they velcro flat when not in use, so I can stay as streamlined as possible.

MSilvia:
I use 5th D bellows pockets, both glued onto the legs of my drysuit with a mix of Aquaseal and Cotol. They keep my BP harness uncluttered, and give me room to store a spool, bag, spare mask, etc., and they velcro flat when not in use, so I can stay as streamlined as possible.

My problem with that setup is that I am still diving wet.

I think XS Scuba has shorts with two huge pockets on the side for pulling over a wet suit. This way you can move the pockets from suit to suit without glueing at all. I've seen some diver use them and all swear by them :wink:

oversea:
My problem with that setup is that I am still diving wet.

Take a look at the X-Shorts from 5th D. These have worked well for me. I did make a change to them however. I removed the drawstring and replaced it with 3/16" bungee. Works Great!!!

Go to http://www.fifthd.com
Click on the online store
Click on the X-shorts that are listed in their top 5 products

You can glue the pockets on a wetsuit, all mine have them.

Pardon me if I’m hijacking the thread, but I have been thinking of adding some pockets, as well, and have a question...

I know that hydrodynamic drag is a complex animal, but it seems to me that there would be less overall drag if I were using a pocket attached to something other than my legs. i.e. BC, tank, arms.

My thinking is that my legs are moving in more than one axis (up/down/rotating as well as forward), while the rest of me and my gear is (hopefully) only moving forward. Seems to me, all other factors being equal, that the less movement, the less drag.

What do you think? Does that make sense, and is the drag enough to worry about?

Also, someone else on another thread suggested adding a pocket at the bottom of the BP, out of the slipstream. Makes sense to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom