BP/W + what octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
For those diving with the BP/W set-ups, do you use an octo/power inflator combo, separate octo and a plain inflator?

For those using pwr/octo combo, which do you use??

Thanks

Apeks ATX200 1st/2nd stage (long hose), Apeks XTX50 Octo worn on necklace, standard bc inflator that came with the wing.

For those diving with the BP/W set-ups, do you use an octo/power inflator combo, separate octo and a plain inflator?

For those using pwr/octo combo, which do you use??

Thanks

Even for rec diving I much rather have a separate octo and a regular power inflator for the wing as I rather something that's as good as my primary reg when the need arises.

I never understood the rational for a safe second or a air 2 octopus especially something that cost as much if not more than a regular 2nd stage:
Atomic SS1 Integrated Octo Inflator reviews and discounts, Atomic

When a standard 2nd stage is the Apeks XTX40 is only $150 or so
Apeks XTX40 Octopus
or
HOG 2nd stage regulator for just $99
HOG 2nd stage regulator [HOG2ndstage] - $99.99 : Cave Adventurers!, We will NOT be undersold!!!

My current setup is a aqualung legend 1st stage and 2 legend lx for primary and octo.

SangP

Here's a pic of what I'm using on my BP/W......SP Mk2 + R295 + DR RG1215 Octo...total cost $200($150 for used 1st & 2nd stage & SPG plus $50 for new octo)

btw, paid $245 for complete DR BP/W(the one in pic)--ie total cost of pic $445 bought in spring of '09

---oops, tank was bought ~25 years ago---not in the total price, lol.....

bp-w.jpg

At one time I used an SS1 coupled with a Z2. Dove with it for about a year and never had any problems. The SS1 breathed fairly well.

For single tank diving, I now use an SP Mk5 w/ 108 2nd stage and 109 Adjustable octo in "standard" configuration (whatever that means).

For doubles I use a Conshelf 21 on the left post and a Conshelf XIV on the right. Conshelf XIV 2nd stages on both. 7' hose on the primary and a bungeed secondary under my chin.

I dove all these regs with various backplate/wing configurations. They all worked pretty well.

They all cost more than what Diver 85 paid. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. :)

For both doubles and singles, 7' primary and bungeed secondary. Both second stages are the same.

i use a Halcyon Infinity BPW with a Mares Air Control octo-inflator. Streamlined, works great. I put on a longer hose to make it work. Very nice setup. Simple, clean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom