Brand and model for Tec reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
Good regulator you used...I prefer Diverite -G2500 reliable regulator, but hard to get spare part in Hong Kong

Cheer
Jason:wink:
Hyper-limits:
I use DiveRite for back gas and deco bottles easy to fix and reliable.

I use ATX100 on long hose and ATX200 Tungsten on short for main gas.
On deco, I use Poseidon Xtreme Deco.
If I carry other backup gas, I use Dacor viper metal, not very stylish but side exhaust is practical.

Reason I'm posting is just to introduce the point that you might want to change models/shapes/color between your main gas and travel or deco.

I bought the Poseidon after making such a mistake, my deco mix and long hose were both ATX200 Tungsten, realized it after just a few minutes that I wasn't breathing from the deco cylinder. Don't ask, was a stupid mistake. Since then I'm also using the Dive Rite straps on deco mix (the one you you have to peel off the reg before you start breathing from it) and I've put hose covers of different colors on the backup gas and deco gas kits.

For my back gas I use ATX200's and for my deco bottles I use DiveRite 1205's (bullet-proof regs) my buddy uses Poseidon Xstreams for back gas and Oceanic Tech Reg for deco.

Good point there marcbe about using different regs/shapes/sizes/colours for back gas and deco....the last thing you want is to screw up your mix.

Jason Ooi:
What brand and modal are you consider use for tec dive and trimix dive....
I used -
1) Scubapro - MK25/S600
2) Apeks - ATX200

I used MK25s with S600 and R390 second stages recently - no problems but I feel that the hose routing was a bit tight for the rig I was using: double AL80s and Halcyon Explorer 40 wing. I also had the opportunity to see the hose routing for Scubapro MK17s. The people I was diving with were all using Apeks FSTs (TX100/ATX100) and FSRs (ATX200)...

IMHO, Apeks FST/TX50/100 is the way to go. I also prefer the older, bigger, TX second stages. The FSR/ATX200 routes very nicely but is a bit overpriced, I think. DS4 is usually the default choice due to price and similar performance to "higher end" Apeks first stages - I personally don't like the hose routing of DS4s + AL80s.

Jason Ooi:
Stage and deco bottle what regulator are you consider to use?

Apeks DS4 (or DST if you want a swivel turret). For diving in relatively warm water, I would also consider the US4 - Scubapro MK20/25 will also work well. For O2, some people prefer to use very simple, unbalanced piston first stage (such as Scubapro MK2)...

Jason Ooi:
Hi All,

What brand and modal are you consider use for tec dive and trimix dive....
I used -
1) Scubapro - MK25/S600
2) Apeks - ATX200

Regards
Jason:14:
\
So, Jason...

Which one did you get?

Hi Vie,

I used MK25/S600 double AL 11 liters for back gas, long hose routing perfect not tight as you say; do you check the hose measurement?:huh:

Apeks 200 compared with MK25/S600 I noticed those in terms of air supply Apeks in Highest performance in extreme deep water.

Jason

Hi Marcbe,

You did a “Big Mistake” wrong gases caused you diver dead, please don’t forget “NOTOX “switch method.
I prefer use different model reg for stage and deco cylinders.

Safe dive

Jason

marcbe:
I use ATX100 on long hose and ATX200 Tungsten on short for main gas.
On deco, I use Poseidon Xtreme Deco.
If I carry other backup gas, I use Dacor viper metal, not very stylish but side exhaust is practical.

Reason I'm posting is just to introduce the point that you might want to change models/shapes/color between your main gas and travel or deco.

I bought the Poseidon after making such a mistake, my deco mix and long hose were both ATX200 Tungsten, realized it after just a few minutes that I wasn't breathing from the deco cylinder. Don't ask, was a stupid mistake. Since then I'm also using the Dive Rite straps on deco mix (the one you you have to peel off the reg before you start breathing from it) and I've put hose covers of different colors on the backup gas and deco gas kits.

Go with the Apeks 200 the tungsten lining of the regulator makes it a better performer for mixed gas (Trimix) than any other reg, plus it is a much beter performer deep 200+ fsw. I have a set of Apeks ATX100 and a set of Apeks 200 Black pearls and love them both. I have used Scubapro since they came out with the D300 and since I changed to Apeks I have not considered going back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom