Brand and model for Tec reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer Apeks atx200 better performance than any other reg.
Did you try brand Poseidon?:06:

Cheer
Jason

webediving:
Go with the Apeks 200 the tungsten lining of the regulator makes it a better performer for mixed gas (Trimix) than any other reg, plus it is a much beter performer deep 200+ fsw. I have a set of Apeks ATX100 and a set of Apeks 200 Black pearls and love them both. I have used Scubapro since they came out with the D300 and since I changed to Apeks I have not considered going back!

I like my Apeks regs and have never had a problem with them.

Use 2 ATX200s on my doubles,

Use 3 ATX50s for deco / stage bottles, all with DS4 first stages.

Whatever you choose, I would recommend you standardize to one brand. It makes servicing your regs a lot easier. Also, you can mix and match if you have to...

Jason Ooi:
Hi Vie,

I used MK25/S600 double AL 11 liters for back gas, long hose routing perfect not tight as you say; do you check the hose measurement?:huh:

Hose measurement? I'm not sure what you are trying to say...? Anyway, I have about 40 dives using MK20/25s with AL80 doubles and the backup reg and inflator hose routing is always tight.

Me too Stage and deco cylinders used DS4/Atx50s is the best choice never regret.

Jason

VinceDS:
I like my Apeks regs and have never had a problem with them.

Use 2 ATX200s on my doubles,

Use 3 ATX50s for deco / stage bottles, all with DS4 first stages.

Whatever you choose, I would recommend you standardize to one brand. It makes servicing your regs a lot easier. Also, you can mix and match if you have to...

Hi Vie,

I meant tec standard length long hose is 7 foot.

Vie:
Hose measurement? I'm not sure what you are trying to say...? Anyway, I have about 40 dives using MK20/25s with AL80 doubles and the backup reg and inflator hose routing is always tight.

Jason Ooi:
I meant tec standard length long hose is 7 foot.

I see. Yeah, I do use a 7' - the length of the hose has nothing to do with routing tightness though - the tightness is from the top of the wing squeezing the hoses against each other or the first stages and causing stress. With steel tanks (which have "necks"), this is not a problem...

Hi Vie,
OK! Squeezing and tightness caused suffered....What kind of wing?
Jason

Vie:
I see. Yeah, I do use a 7' - the length of the hose has nothing to do with routing tightness though - the tightness is from the top of the wing squeezing the hoses against each other or the first stages and causing stress. With steel tanks (which have "necks"), this is not a problem...

Vie:

Vie, if then, use the catalina tank. It has the higher neck than the luxfer.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom