Brand New Intova IC 12 Broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Top shots are from my iPhone 4. I explained in my previous post that the IC12 (at least mine) does bloom (more like a CCD smear really) on the highlights which prevents it from doing well above water. When the general light level diminishes (and that happens fast underwater) the footage is very usable. I'm itching to get shots with better viz.

Maybe you guys can help, I've had my lds try to get me a replacement battery for my IC12 with no luck. Something about a change in the way they distribute? Any help would be nice.
PS no problems with the cam sept the battery.

Dear Jason and users if Intova Ic-12 camera,
first I am very glad to be with you in this lovely global forum.

I just want to inform you in brief concerning everyone that has the very nice model of Intova IC-12. I wish to tell you, that you will not face any more problems referring to HD video and still image time autonomy (that you might have with your basic battery). As I am already an owner of two Intova IC-12 cameras and I really faced great problems in the past with the given autonomy that the basic Intova batteries (capacity only 650mAh) offering.
I bought several of these basic batteries but I could not make anything, very little time for HD video etc. Final I found from ebay a new series battery for the IC-12, with the capacity of 900mAh. I purchased two of these batteries several months ago and from that time at last I can enjoy fully my cameras.
The funny thing it was that the point from where they shipped the battery, it was from Greece, my own country. So, I did contact them and I asked them about the high capacity battery etc. They told me because they also have a lot of complaints for the basic battery, they did decide to order to a factory to make for them a higher capacity battery in order to solve the specific problem.
They mentioned that, people like really a lot Intova IC-12, as also the selling price related to what the camera is offering is perfect for everyone wish to have a good quality operation and more than average quality results as well. The problem it was with the battery autonomy, now we already solved and everything is going fine.
That's all my friends, I hope that I helped somehow with the above quoted informations.
Greetings and wishes for many enjoyful and safe dives to all of you for lovely summer time.

Hello. I have a problem with my Intova IC 12, not responding to any buttons but the power button.
It will turn on, and the lens extends, the screen comes on and shows what the lens is pointing at, But it will not take pictures. It will not respond to any of the other buttons. I would relay what symbols the screen shows but the battery is now drained.
I turned it off, removed the battery for a few minutes and put the battery back in with no change of indications. I have taken the battery out for an entire night and no change of indications.
The battery is now drained to the point that it immediately goes to the low battery triangle. I tried charging it but all I get when I plug the USB cable in is the blue “digital camera” screen and it does not charge the battery, I left it plugged in all night to see if it would charge the battery.
I am currently on business travel to Guam and I am quite disappointed I can not use my camera.
I also sent an email similar to this to Tech@intova.net, 2 days ago and have not gotten a response.

Sincerely
Pagan-Steel

Good day Pagan-Steel,

Based on the description you have given it sounds like thecamera has encountered slight water damage. Please return the camera andhousing to the below address with proof of purchase for analysis. Please call me at (877) 837-0074 or email me at Kevin@intova.net and I will be happy to supply you with an return authorization number. Take care.

Best Regards,
Kevin Lackey,

935 Makahiki Way 2ndfloor
Honolulu, HI96826
(808)837-0074
www.intova.net

Thanks Kevin, we talked once last week. I am returning to the mainland soon and will send it in from my home address. And once again, Thank you.

I bought an Intova12 about 18 months ago. Used it with no problem twice. The third time I took some pictures that came out fine but the camera wouldn't turn off. I let the battery drain and then I recharged it. Now it turns on and off and all the menu functions are working but when I depress the shutter button nothing happens. Any ideas guys?

Hey Joe,
I just wanted to follow up. I did contact Kevin and he was very helpful so thank you.

I am having trouble with mt camera lens , can anybody help , the lense is staying out about 2 thirds of the way out and wont go back in . It then sarts beeping at me and comes up with a picture of the camera with a red x over the lens .It has not been droped at all so i am at a loss . thank you for you help paul.

Back
Top Bottom