Brand New Luna Should I upgrade the firmware?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aikiguy

Contributor
Reaction score
On the blue parts, not the brown or green parts.
# of dives
50 - 99
I just today purchased a brand new Luna (From one of my LDS).

The computer indicates that it is version 1.5 of the software, and I note on the website that version 1.7 is available.

Should I upgrade? Are there any issues with this upgrade? What does 1.7 do or fix that 1.5 does not do?

Thanks,
Guy
:)

I would, can't help with your specific questions but in my experience unless its an Apple product upgrades usually fix or improve things.

You'd think that wouldn't you? Two words - Windows Vista

:shakehead:

You'd think that wouldn't you? Two words - Windows Vista

:shakehead:

lol, I'm not familiar with Windows but Apple of late sure see to be creating more issues than they are solving with their updates. stayed away from Windows due to this reputation, sadly it seems Apple has gone the way of the "Windows".

I did the upgrade and it went smooth and nothing broke. I'm not sure what all it fixed or changed, but my computer works the same now as it did before the update.

I upgraded to 1.7, I am not sure I should have done that. The site was confusing, I think maybe I should have upgraded to 1.6. It seems to work just fine, but I won't get it wet till February due to work commitments. Guess I will let you know then.

Anyone with in house knowledge want to let me know?

Thanks,
Guy
:)

I upgraded my Luna to version 1.7 a while ago and I have had no problems with it. I'm not sure what Scubapro fixed/changed with the update, their website is pretty vague when it comes to letting you know what the upgrade actually does.

No need to upgrade to version 1.7 unless you are installing the Trimix; this new version allows you to go backwards once you've installed the Trimix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom