For Sale Brass Backplate whats it worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plus were they ever paid for ? the idea is a good one i may investigate , if i could get them lazer cut and bent i can mill them out myself, they could even be plated chrome or nickel or polished high luster ...
Why would you spend the money on brass then spend more money on chrome or nickel plating when you could just use 3/16” or 1/4” stainless and polish them out?
If someone wants a 12 lb plate why not just get 2 cheap $99 stainless plates and sandwich them together? You only be in it $200.

Why would you spend the money on brass then spend more money on chrome or nickel plating when you could just use 3/16” or 1/4” stainless and polish them out?
If someone wants a 12 lb plate why not just get 2 cheap $99 stainless plates and sandwich them together? You only be in it $200.
I want a 12lb Freedom plate

Nice to know that plates have value and to think that the builders of my two aluminum plates both in the same place. My daughter dives the Freedom plate (still kicking myself on that decision) and I dive the G.U.T.S. aluminum when not diving my SS Hog plate. Glad I am not in the market for a bronze plate - I might have been out $225 :wink:.

Neither of these are for sale so don't even think about bidding:

@garyh
IMG_20200831_032303968.jpg

@Eric Sedletzky

IMG_20200831_033105636.jpg

Nice to know that plates have value and to think that the builders of my two aluminum plates both in the same place. My daughter dives the Freedom plate (still kicking myself on that decision) and I dive the G.U.T.S. aluminum when not diving my SS Hog plate. Glad I am not in the market for a bronze plate - I might have been out $225 :wink:.

Neither of these are for sale so don't even think about bidding:

@garyh
View attachment 608496

@Eric Sedletzky

View attachment 608497

how old is that one?

divers like shiny things

how old is that one?
Not sure how old it is but I bought it used about 5 years ago and it was at least that old then, probably more by the time someone gets around to selling it. Would there be any identifying information on it -there is a STA on the backside so I don't know if there is anything under it.

Maybe I could gold anodize it for that Bronze like look. :)

Back
Top Bottom