Brazil??? who knows where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mariozi - Rio is certainly awesome topside (or so I've heard) - what about the diving?

How would it compare to Recife (where interesting stuff topside might be more limited)?

No comparison... Recife is much better, Rio has cold water (sometimes below 20C) and no coral reefs, just rocks and small coral. Possible to dive, I do sometimes but not as the caribean or Noronha/Abrolhos/Recife.

Recife may not have big stuff like Sugar Loaf and Corocovado... but it is a nice town, bars, nice night life...

Hi Andrea,
I just arrived in Rio for a long weekend, and am thinking I'd really like to go diving while I'm here. Only have time for 1 day. I saw that you live here, so I thought I'd ask you: Do you know of any dive shops/dive operators in Rio who organize day trips? Thanks!!
Brooke

Hi BrookeMI,

Andrea's last post in this thread is dated 01-10-2006, over 8 months ago.

Perhaps it would preferable to PM her.

Best of luck.

DocVikingo

Try to call or visit Sottomare at "Marina da Gloria". They are nice to go out with.
We have bad weather coming in for this weekend though, I believe by the end of next week there will be good diving.

Like Mariozi said dont forget to visit Niteroi, I especially like Sao Frasisco for a place to go out at night and have a safe and relaxing time drinking with friends. Nice quite beaches near Itaupa and great view from Parque da Cidade. Me being from a small town, Niteroi just seems more like home even though its a very large city itself.

As for the beaches, you shoult try Itacoatiara, best beach in the WORLD! go for the left side, looking to the sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom