Breaking news from the whale wars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5222012363_bdfe9538d5.jpg

I want to be the first to dive this once the dummies do something incredibly stupid like they did with the Ady Gil.

Japanese whalers to face new enemy in 'Godzilla'

Last edited:
I hate to say it - but the Bethune chapter and ensuing idiocy leads me to believe the primary mission is being occluded by peripheral issues not really related to saving the whales.

X

Sea Shepherd also claim their boat was at rest the whole time, which is clearly and incontrovertibly shown as a lie by the wake from their craft.

I find it very hard to believe a 52m 591 tonne trawler with a top speed of 12kt would be able to outmanoeuvre a 40kt fibre-glass trimaran which holds the world record for the fastest ever global circumnavigation!

In any contest of acceleration and manoeuvrability I know which I would have my money on, and it isn't the steel hulled fishing boat.

Judge for yourself here:

YouTube - Sea Shepherd Ship Collision - ???????????????????

What's Batman doing way out there???

Well you can believe one thing for sure. If that boat does get out there in the thick of things and puts itself in any danger at all, that goof-ball captain won't be on it. He'll be watching from a safe distance aboard the "mother ship".

It looks like the whale ships will be carrying armed japanese coast guard personnel. I wonder what they will do when their ship is endangered by the dangerous actions of sea shepherd. Watson may finally get his martyr.

It looks like the whale ships will be carrying armed japanese coast guard personnel. I wonder what they will do when their ship is endangered by the dangerous actions of sea shepherd. Watson may finally get his martyr.

The only thing we know for sure is that the Watson/SS supporters will refuse to accept that they do anything wrong and the Japanese will be 100% at fault and to blame for everything......just like how they were to blame for that idiotic moron running his ship into (in front of) theirs..

Where have I seen this boat before? Not making a joke about it's resemblance to the Ady Gil, I remember seeing this one before. Anybody know? Maybe their next one will be the US Navy 'Stealth Ship' for sail. Errr, sale.:wink:

My Bad, turns out it's actually free!

Attachments

• Stealth ship.jpg
    Stealth ship.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 711
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom