Breezes Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breezes, Curacao. We stayed there for a week last Dec. NOT IMPRESSED! our room was clean, buildings needed paint, food was less than great, boat diving was ok, shore dives, water was rough and strong current outside the breaker. Snorkeling inside breaker was fine. Drinks-long lines, get several while up there, not much booze in them, only 1 bar open. Reason we stayed there was that it was the only all-inclusive on the island--definitely won't go back. We had been at Turks & Caicos Beaches, in Sept, difference was night & day. Even with some kids around at Beaches it was 100% better. BTW MAKE SURE YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TIME TO SHOW UP FOR DIVES. The dive shop boss can be a real SOB. He tried to make up to us the rest of the week, but we didn't forgive him for yelling at us for being 5 min. late--it was our first day & we showed up when the sign said.

Great info keep it coming! Not trying to hijak the OP's thread but I'm actually looking at taking a pretty large group (8 divers + me) and this resort came up as an option as they have pretty good deals currently. You have to book by Sep 1 though. I emailed the LDS onsite and the "Dive Bus" about group pricing or even just renting a boat and DM. I have yet to hear back. We are targeting mid November currently.

I have to say I haven't read much good about the Breezes on Tripadvisor.com. I stayed at Lions Dive years ago and would again. Four of us stayed at the The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort - Royal Resorts Caribbean condos a couple of years back. If you take the whole unit you can fit 6 into it, making it very affordable. Both locations use Ocean Encounter which I found to be a fine outfit to dive with. No issues either time.

LOVED Royal Seaquarium, Especially if you have any kids travelling. My then 7 year old was completely and utterly thrilled with the adjoining aquarium and wanted to 'work' there every day training the dolphins, feeding the turtles, etc. And BTW, we dived with both the Ocean Encounters shop on the Breezes side and the Animal Encounters dive shop within the aquarium and LOVED Hans! He and his whole team at Animal Encounters were fantastic.

I have come to believe if I get too wrapped-up in what trip advisor has to "say" about something, I would never book a trip anywhere!!! I value all informative web sites. However, everyone will have a different take on the exact same trip and always remember, "Your mileage my vary."
That said, my wife and I and our soon to be born son are booked at Breezes Curacao for next year on the recommendation of a good friend of ours.

We're looking into Breezes for a group trip next year with kids. I had read the Trip Advisor reports too, but have learned that some people will complain about everything, so you have to read between the lines. We're mainly interested in something clean, with decent food, and a nice kids' program for our 4-year old son to participate in while we dive.

We're looking into Breezes for a group trip next year with kids. I had read the Trip Advisor reports too, but have learned that some people will complain about everything, so you have to read between the lines. ...

That is what I was trying to say but couldn't...thanks.

I was there last year in November and everything was great except the water was very rough. After a few boat dives getting seasick we went to the Dive Bus next to the resort for shore diving around the island and they were fantastic. The resort is fine; we had a great time.

If you want to see bigger animals (eagle rays, turtles, nurse sharks, manta rays), on a more regular basis in Curacao you need to visit the reefs at the East Point of the island.

Unfortunately to get to these reefs you need to go by boat, but once there you will dive the best reefs on the island. Dive Charter Curacao offer trips to these destinations for small groups of up to a maximum of eight divers. Be aware though that these trips are for the more energetic and enthusiastic divers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom