Brittain/Tin Subic Bay 17 July 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every time I read about fatalities like these I really feel sad and bad because how can one lose his life doing the sport we all love :( It's harder to believe especially cause we are talking about 2 accomplished divers.

Any foul play involved perhaps?

My thoughts and prayers to the deceased and to their love ones.

Very sad. I dived with Steve last year. I hope we can get details later. Speculation does not do any good.

Very sorry to hear this news, I did a PADI course with Steve just one month ago. I liked him a lot and he struck me as a very good and responsible diver.

I found this site while searching for news and information on the accident. I am in Texas and have been in contact with Steve's Dad since he received the news. Our town and friends have ralleyed for the family, and his Dad, who is 78, is now on his way to the Phillipines. I have read that a few of you have dived with Steve, and have respect for him. If you have a moment to tell any stories of time that you spent with Steve, please email them and I will make sure that his dad gets them. In this time it would help him to know that he was a respected diver.

inmemoryofstevebrittian@gmail.com

So sad. Only yesterday I was watching a six part series of two divers exploring the New York, posted on YouTube. Several times while watching I imagined being trapped inside the hull of that massive wreck and felt my stomach sink. I can only imagine the horror they felt.

My condolences to the families.

QUOTEI found this site while searching for news and information on the accident. I am in Texas and have been in contact with Steve's Dad since he received the news. Our town and friends have ralleyed for the family, and his Dad, who is 78, is now on his way to the Phillipines. I have read that a few of you have dived with Steve, and have respect for him. If you have a moment to tell any stories of time that you spent with Steve, please email them and I will make sure that his dad gets them. In this time it would help him to know that he was a respected diver.

All of the information is very helpful from the divers talking here, and I am printing copies of this thread for StvBrit's Dad. He may find comfort reading this at a later time. It sounds like a lot of you guys have been out diving with Steve, and if you have a moment to share any stories, the family would appreciate them. I will make sure that his Dad gets them.

Just making a second request, please email to:

inmemoryofstevebrittian@gmail.com
inmemoryofstevebrittian@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

My thoughts are with the families, friends and colleagues of Steve and Tin.

Subic will a poorer place for Steve's absence, as will SB, where he contributed so much good information over the years. The diving community has lost a good pioneer and popular educator.

My deepest respects for the dive crew at Boardwalk Dive Centre, for conducting such an efficient and swift recovery. They deserve to be proud of their efforts - its never an easy task.

my prayers goes to the family of Steve..
may you rest in peace diver!

ps: can anyone post a picture of steve so we can see him for the last time,,i personally don't know him and don't how he looks like. thanks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom