Brockville - need some info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nelia, I didn't forget that shop. I looked into them for rentals, didn't realise their "trips" were that cheap though. Can't tell you how I found the sites though, since the friends we were supposed to go with bailed out on us a few days before we were supposed to go. Going without them would have been pretty impractical, since they were going to be the ones driving (damn SAAQ guy didn't like my stopping when I took my test in July)... with the way the weather has been the past couple of days, I couldn't imagine putting on a wetsuit anyway. lol.

Thanks to everybody else for the advice. I'll keep it in mind until another opportunity comes around to go, hopefully some weekend in september before the water gets too cold.

Nelia, I didn't forget that shop. I looked into them for rentals, didn't realise their "trips" were that cheap though. Can't tell you how I found the sites though, since the friends we were supposed to go with bailed out on us a few days before we were supposed to go. Going without them would have been pretty impractical, since they were going to be the ones driving (damn SAAQ guy didn't like my stopping when I took my test in July)... with the way the weather has been the past couple of days, I couldn't imagine putting on a wetsuit anyway. lol.

HAHA I know what u mean about putting on the wet suit lol. I actually bought my 7mm last week at CPAS and the guy told me to go take a 15 min walk outside with it lol. :rofl3:
I was also REALLY surprised about the price of their trips, AND when you certify with them, the place u stay at is included in the certification cost. AOW is 220$ and asked if they could get me an english book and it was not a problem at all. Will be doing it in Oct and will be getting my Quebec diving certificare as well.. Might as well if i will be doing some dive trips with them in the future...
Have a great week...

Did the Lillie today, not bad for an experienced beginner (16 dives). ABUCS gave us great briefing. The current was stronger than normal but there is a chain down to the wreck and a line along one side (at about 40 feet) if you swim the outside of the wreck it does go deeper but you dont have too and you just let the current carry you around the back to another line. It was a great experience for our first drift dive.

Tomorrow we dive the Keystorm but only plan to go down 60 feet.

G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom