Broken Bc Please Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goober2

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I'm hoping someone on the board can help me out, I'm in a real bind. I have a Riptide legend BC and its missing a small piece from the LP inflator/defaltor hose. (Its a small plastic collar under the top most cover) near where it attached to the shoulder of the BC. The small round piece has a small rubber gasket that seals the exit so that air flows into the bladder when you inflate. At some point last year (during a good cleaning) this piece apparently went missing. I've tried searches on the net for the Manufacturer and have found nothing, other than they are made in CA. Local Dive shop can't help me.

I'm in desperate need of this part, we're packing for a trip that is in 2 weeks... If anyone has a contact or knows ANYTHING about where I might be able to order this part, I would be most grateful.

Thanks for ANY information.
L

You will likely have to replace the entire inflator hose/valve assembly. They are fairly genaric. Pick one that is widely servicable

Also take some adviice and do NOT take untested equipment on the long trip. Dive it locally first. or get another BC that can be serviced at you dive location. But do test the repair in easy condidtions. You do not want to be either (1) out in the ocean with a BC that can't hold air or (2) down at 100 feet with a freeflowing inflator valve.

Goober2:
Good Afternoon,

I'm

Thanks for ANY information.
L

Do you mean the gasket is missing or something else?

Riptide is not the OEM of your BCD. You might not have to go back to the source. Chances are good that parts from another type of BCD will fit. Let someone at your LDS look at it.

R..

ChrisA:
You will likely have to replace the entire inflator hose/valve assembly. They are fairly genaric. Pick one that is widely servicable

Also take some adviice and do NOT take untested equipment on the long trip. Dive it locally first. or get another BC that can be serviced at you dive location. But do test the repair in easy condidtions. You do not want to be either (1) out in the ocean with a BC that can't hold air or (2) down at 100 feet with a freeflowing inflator valve.

Goober2 - Chris is giving great advice - I would suggest following it.

Hi,

We didnt take the BC at all, in fact, we took a new BC with us to Roatan and let the DM know there it was brand new on our first dive. My other half is still pissed that the BC bladder failed but we both agree that testing our gear 2 weeks prior to the trip was the best decision we ever made...

We did end up having a problem with his first stage on the dive, but thankfully it reared its head on the gear check prior to the dive and we were able to swap it out with one from the dive shop. From now on, we bring a spare first stage with us.

thank you for the help.

Goober2:
Hi,

We didnt take the BC at all, in fact, we took a new BC with us to Roatan and let the DM know there it was brand new on our first dive. My other half is still pissed that the BC bladder failed but we both agree that testing our gear 2 weeks prior to the trip was the best decision we ever made...

We did end up having a problem with his first stage on the dive, but thankfully it reared its head on the gear check prior to the dive and we were able to swap it out with one from the dive shop. From now on, we bring a spare first stage with us.

thank you for the help.

You just made a case for the LDS....:D

You might want to contact UTC Sports. They market the Riptide Zone II. Hope this helps. Good luck with your repair.

I am reading this thread 2 1/2 years after its last posting when I have encountered a similar problem. Thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom