Broken Tank Valve + Regulator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I was thinking but a strange failure mode all the same.

I wonder what would happen if you managed to break the seat loose from the plug assembly. That part would be replaced in a service.

Interesting idea. I would think that if anything, the loose seat might prevent air from coming out of the tank by getting stuck on the orifice, but not prevent air from entering the tank. The pressurized air from the whip would push the broken seat off the orifice, don't you think?

Interesting idea. I would think that if anything, the loose seat might prevent air from coming out of the tank by getting stuck on the orifice, but not prevent air from entering the tank. The pressurized air from the whip would push the broken seat off the orifice, don't you think?

Loose seat seals the tank when the valve is closed. Pressure in the tank pushes the seat away from the orifice when the valve is open. On filling, pressure from the whip is greater than pressure in the tank so it drives the seat into the orifice making a seal.

Back
Top Bottom