Broken wireless (AI) transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6FB0C965-721A-45AA-B4A5-7067F1246129.png
This may work.

Is a spool needed; and, if so, why?
Wouldn't the transmitter just screw into the female end of the high pressure hose?
That may be a stupid question...feel free to educate me on the need for, or benefit of, a spool in this application.

Is a spool needed; and, if so, why?
Wouldn't the transmitter just screw into the female end of the high pressure hose?
That may be a stupid question...feel free to educate me on the need for, or benefit of, a spool in this application.

If you are putting the transmitter on the end of a hose you need the spool for it to seal properly or you will have a major air leak.

If you are putting the transmitter on the end of a hose you need the spool for it to seal properly or you will have a major air leak.
Thank you. I guess I assumed that it would have an o ring.

*edited to add - I see now...when I looked it up earlier, I was envisioning a bigger piece - something that went between the hose and transmitter (same size) , as opposed to inside the connection.

Last edited:
There are three main types of Air Spool fitted to SPG's...
Usually the brass-and-glass housing type use a flanged spool vs PC/ABS plastic housing which use a non-flanged spool (two variants). All use a AS568-003 90 Duro o-ring

Flanged SPG spool.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom