Brother Islands - El Akhawein

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gabyne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'm going on a one-week trip to The Brother Islands on June 30 - can't wait! Has anybody been there recently? Or anybody want to give me some info? I know already it's great diving with lots of sharks, wreck, currents... but any personal experience would be greatly appreciated! :wink:

Cheers,
Gaby

gabyne:
Hi,

I'm going on a one-week trip to The Brother Islands on June 30 - can't wait! Has anybody been there recently? Or anybody want to give me some info? I know already it's great diving with lots of sharks, wreck, currents... but any personal experience would be greatly appreciated! :wink:

Cheers,
Gaby

I've been there last year on the M/Y Rosetta. Next to the brothers we also visted Elphinstone..Overall, It's been a great holiday.
First of all the boat and the crew were exellent. It was really luxurious. Although the rough whether was rocking the boat heavily, all the facilities were great. (I was there end of July by the way)
Then the diving: I have to admit I was quite nervous because of the several warnings of the heavy currents but afterall it was all worth it! I did went more regularly to the gym though in order to get more fit and I was so greatfull at my first dive that I did..!!!!
The diving at little brother was the most superb I have ever seen. It was THE ultimate kick to fight the current and in the end swim with several hammerheads. Most of them were shy and stayed away, except for that 1 who got curious and swam through our group (at 2 mtr distance) This is one experience I will never forgot. It was not scary at all, it was the ultimate adreneline rush.
But there was really lots more to see besides the hammerheads. Next to the other sharks species, there were turtles, murray's, barracudas, napoleans, wrasses and of course the coral was overwhelming. It's really too much to mention. If you have any specific questions let me know, maybe I can answer them. Anyway, I am sure you will have a great holiday. AND Don't forget to bring your camera!

Back
Top Bottom