Bryan Pennington - Vintage Double Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Lawyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
For those who haven't heard, Bryan passed away yesterday after a brief hospital stay. I have no other information at present.

We worked together on several Sea Hunt Forever shows and he was one of the good ones. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Bryan Pennington, owner of Vintage Double Hose passed away after a brief illness. Bryan was a driving force in the vintage diving community by providing new and better replacement parts for vintage double hose regulators and also developed the Kraken, a modern version of the double hose regulator. He will be missed by the vintage diving community.

I learned of this terrible news last evening. Bryan was a good friend and a person of integrity, incredible drive and generosity. Among his many accomplishments he brought to fruition the Argonaut Kraken modern double hose regulator of which I own three. He was also a dive buddy on numerous trips and gatherings and was a lot of fun to be with and share adventures. I do not know how to process this. I am at a loss for any other words at the moment. Condolences to all of his friends and family who will miss Bryan in their lives. I know that I will miss Bryan greatly.

James

I only had minimal interaction with him as a customer.

Very sad news indeed, he seemed a really nice guy.
A loss for the vintage scuba community as well.

I imagine most people in the DH community have dealt with Bryan in one way or another. Even those with no direct contact have Bryan to thank for having a big part in keeping diving with vintage equipment alive.
His death comes as a shock to me. He's one of those guys you assume will always be there to offer a helping hand.
Good bye, Bryan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom