BS Sat.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do the smart thing and sleep the weekend away in an aircondioned house like I did. :D

There was no way I was getting into a drysuit or wetsuit last weekend. I could hardly breath when I went outside due to the high humidity.

hoosier:
Whatelse could I do at 102 F?

No way! Nothing can interfere with my enthusiasm for the diving.:D I have to keep practicing my skills to achieve my goal in this area. Hot is better than cold in this sports. LOL~~~

Dan Gibson:
Do the smart thing and sleep the weekend away in an aircondioned house like I did. :D

There was no way I was getting into a drysuit or wetsuit last weekend. I could hardly breath when I went outside due to the high humidity.

That is what I want to try this coming winter. Come on... Let's do it together!
Don't be afraid....:wink:

Dan Gibson:
The coldest I have seen at BS is 39 F and that was under the ice in January 2001 at the bottom by the big boat. I do not wish to repeat that experience.

You do know what it's like to have an ice pick stuck in your forehead, don't you? :wink:

hoosier:
That is what I want to try this coming winter. Come on... Let's do it together!
Don't be afraid....:wink:

It sounds like a fresh feeling. I am sure that will be better than my military training on January, 1992. Yeah, it was a horrible cold. I had to clean out the snow on a runway with a naked body (only with underwear). :D

Dan Gibson:
You do know what it's like to have an ice pick stuck in your forehead, don't you? :wink:

I know where to look. Not on the bottom at 50 ft.

I remember diving somewhere around that time, but I never came close to 38 degress. Oh that's right, I was probably in Roatan around that time.
icosm14.gif

komi hunter:
first weekend in dec 04- 38 degrees 7 mil wet and no gloves OR hood !!!! now that is midwest diving!!!! I have seen 57 foot at BS several times and not just after a rain. You just have to know where to look.

komi hunter:
fI have seen 57 foot at BS several times and not just after a rain. You just have to know where to look.

And there are still those that will do a AOW cert dive at BS. To me the student is getting ripped and if I was one of those students PADI would know. OK, off my soap box now.

It is a definate violation if someone can complete the AOW deep diving (at least 60ft) at BS.
But, I don't want to blame the dive shops because of this fact that we don't have any deep spots in Indiana if instructors have asked for the consent before students' signing up the class. Otherwise, it is a fraud......

Don't quote me. I believe it was permittable in the past (at least in the eyes of most of the local instructors) since you add 10 ft to the depth when in cold water. That puts you right at about 62 ft on the tables. Now whether or not the agencies ever agreed with that thought process is beyond me.

I know several instructors around here now use Gilboa for the deep dive.

hoosier:
It is a definate violation if someone can complete the AOW deep diving (at least 60ft) at BS.
But, I don't want to blame the dive shops because of this fact that we don't have any deep spots in Indiana if instructors have asked for the consent before students' signing up the class. Otherwise, it is a fraud......

Back
Top Bottom