BS Sat.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I the last 6 years (it no longer happens due to a change offsite that I can't mention), the deepest I have ever seen when the parking lot was about a foot under water was 56 ft and that was between the old roadbed where many train and the far wall. The parking lot doesn't flood as much as it used to. Of course if you jam your hand down into the muck, you can probably add at least a foot or two. :wink:

komi hunter:
I have seen 57 foot at BS several times and not just after a rain. You just have to know where to look.

btw, has anyone noticed the BS website is no longer there? The domain is now up for sale. A couple of months ago it was still online.

It is not a violation because as was stated and approved by PADI "If dive is done in cold water or extreme situations then 10' is added to depth" that gives BS a depth of 65-67 foot depending on where you dive in the quarry. My cold water dive the first weekend in Dec was not at BS it was at Natural springs.

hoosier:
It is a definate violation if someone can complete the AOW deep diving (at least 60ft) at BS.
But, I don't want to blame the dive shops because of this fact that we don't have any deep spots in Indiana if instructors have asked for the consent before students' signing up the class. Otherwise, it is a fraud......

diver_paula:
New site Crpntr shared in a different thread... http://www.bluespringsscubadiving.net/

There are several web sites posted for BS. Some work some don't. Most suck one of the others is ok. Somebody else posted that it was down and I didn't even think about the multi web sites. Thanks Paula.

BTW Paula, my GF told me when we go to Cleveland to visit her relatives next year that I should go for a dive.:D :dance: Maybe we can hook up again.

crpntr133:
BTW Paula, my GF told me when we go to Cleveland to visit her relatives next year that I should go for a dive.:D :dance: Maybe we can hook up again.

Most definitely! We'll have to get the whole gang together!

I just got back from BS.
There were so many classes at BS today.

Temp
Surface: 82 F
48.7 ft: 48 F
VIZ: 9ft

Anyone wants to come out at BS tomorrow...?

Anyone has been to BS recently?

I would say that it is probably frozen over a little. I went to the lake in Brazil, that I got the truck stuck at, Thursday and it was frozen solid. With the temps being in the 40's things should thaw out quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom