Bubble minimizer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome guys. Sounds like a double hose with maybe a thin filter/screen at the very end to break the bubbles up might be the solution. Just getting the exhaust away from the part of me closest to the critters will help a lot and if I can break up the bubbles, even a little bit (amazing how much noise they make all the way to the surface) I'll bet I can get closer and cause less fear. Thanks a million. caveseeker7, I'd love to have either a SCR or CCR setup - hopefully soon. Next will be figuring out how to listen to Pink Floyd at depth... might need to get a chip implanted to make that happen.

:dazzler1:

Or this.

Keep an eye out on ebay for the later model Nemrod Snark III; they not only have a HP port for a gauge, but you can tap a LP port on the thing too, saves the trouble of running a pony for the "inflatable toys" some divers are fond of.
Prices have come down on the critters the past few years, you should be able to bag one for a couple hundred bucks.
Nemrods have heavier hoses & use mushroom valves for the exhaust instead of a duckbill, makes for longer life of the rubber parts.

By the way, be careful of adding "extensions" to your exhaust... ever hear of an airlift?

Great, the swimman looks awesome, will be worth trying at least. The other guy looks like it would broadcast the music uw (external headphones) and though I'm sure some critters would jam I'd bet most would find it irritating (not to mention other divers). Will be interesting to see how the internal headphones handle squeeze too....

3dent, just heard back from the Swimman folks, seems the $260 player can only handle 10ft of depth and he mentioned it would cause squeeze problems below that anyway.... so we're left with the other one which is basically speakers underwater... wonder if sharks like music? lol

lairdb, just heard back from http://www.h2oaudio.com/ - the one you show above (the newest SV series housed player) is only rated to 10ft also but they do recommend the DV Series for around $500 (128MB player)... maybe I'll get one for my gf just to test out the music-attracts-sharks theory... hmmmm.

Too funny Bob3, yeah I'm aware of potential "lift bag" problems, think I'll experiment (in a pool first) with various coarse mesh bags with small floats in them maybe until I find the right combo... I've emailed the three sources for info on the latest dual-hose regs, should hear back soon, was thinking the Nemrod III looked best. Thanks again guys. Will post any successes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom