Bubbles Under Eye Lids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Yooper,
How was his flight home?

Originally posted by Divesherpa
Hey Yooper,
How was his flight home?

He didn't mention any particular problems during the flight itself -- just the constant ache. He seems to be OK now. In fact, he's should be back from yet another trip to the Caribean today.

Mike

Let's not forget the all of this "decomptression" buisness strted with some bubbles in the eyes of a snake.

Let's say my buddy and I have gone diving and afterwards it seems that my buddy is experiencing some symptoms that may indicate DCI. I call the paramedics, and in the mean time am trying to help my buddy out and also gather information to tell medical personnel when they arrive. How would I go about checking my buddy's eyes for bubbles?

otter-cat

Dear Otter-cat:

I believe that they used a special instrument, but I would imagine that a magnifying glass would do. The problem is, this has not be studied enough to be certain of what the results are. That is, there might well not be any bubbles in the tear fluid but that would not indicate that DCS was not present in the tendons and ligaments.

This is possibly similar to the situation with Doppler ultrasound bubble detectors. The technique is good for a population of divers, but it is not necessarily very specific for any one individual.

Dr Deco
:doctor:

Back
Top Bottom