buddy dive incident - don't know if this is true or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
upload_2019-4-7_10-15-11.png

Does anyone know about this? I am planning a trip late June and was thinking of going back to buddy dive. (My wife and daughter have finally agreed to do boat dives). I have been to Buddy dive and have always felt their boats were safe and did a head count.

Perfect example of needing to hear the other side or rest of the story before jumping to a conclusion.

I agree with tursiops. If I was left at sea, i'd be exhausting legal paths long before I went to TripAdvisor. I'm not saying that she didn't have a bad experience but something seems missing in the narrative. There is probably more to the story.

I am still going to book buddydive (my experiences have been great), but I was betting even money there was a scubaboard member on that boat and there is another side to this story

I am still going to book buddydive (my experiences have been great), but I was betting even money there was a scubaboard member on that boat and there is another side to this story
It was the service for cruise ship passengers, not the normal dive noat.

Tripadvisor has been a useful source in planning vacations. If there is a review which piques my interest(terrible rating to superior), I look at the source and weed out those who lack credibility. The person who posted that particular review only has written two reviews, both which were scathing. I have not used Buddy Dive, but they have a solid reputation. Personally, I would disregard that review until more specifics are present.

Yeah, gotta say, some red flags. If your concern about being abandoned in the open ocean is that you only did one dive and you paid for two, then I would probably want to drill down a bit more!

Does the TripAdvisor entry have comments or responses from Buddy Dive? I have been with them several times and they were great.

Left behind and only complaining about getting 1 of 2 dives (and not refunded for the second)? Seems a little different than how I would be writing it. Something is a bit odd here. Watching to see how this plays out...

Several red flags... following to see if this has any legs...

"Stuck in the ocean" definitely seems like an exaggeration. It would have been more helpful to know how they got back, and when? Did the cruise line help? Did BuddyDive come back? Seems like either a grumpy customer that was told they couldn't do something, or a competitor trying to bring down their reviews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom