Buddy for GBR Oct 27 - Nov 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enzyme

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning my 1st trip to Cairns, single diver/M/40,will appreciate a buddy & any advise for a 1st timer to the GBR.Thanks.

Just got back from my first trip to Cairns. I went as a single and there was no problems getting a buddy on the boats. Who are you going with? I went with OceanQuest and there were at least 4singles on the boat and we just got buddied up together.

Have a great trip, wish I could join you

Cheers

As liver10 says whoever you go out with there wil be the majority of divers in the same situation. all the day and over night boats will buddy you up with one or 2 divers of similar experience.

Are you doing a day or over night trip?

Plenty to choose from If you havemt had a look here are some suggestions for both

Cairns Live Aboard Over Night Dive Trips To The Outer Barrier Reef, Cod Hole And Coral Sea.

Cairns Day Diving Trips to the Great Barrier Reef

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cairns Discount Dive And Snorkel Trips. Live Aboard And Day Trips To The Great Barrier Reef

Last edited:
Thanks for that...........really puts me at ease knowing that I can be buddied up on board........planning the 5D/4N trip and if time permits, a day dive to a wreck........will be in Brisbane for a meeting till the 26th/27th........so, deciding bt the Thurs or Fri ( 28th/29th ) depature on Taka or SOF. Anyway, thanks a tonne. By the way, any idea whats the last flight into Cairns from Brisbane.

I did the 5D/4N trip a couple of months back, and it was great. IIRC the flights into Cairns aren't super late - probably a curfew because the airport is pretty close to the city.

For Wed 27th Oct, I can see
18:40 Brisbane => 21:05 Cairns (Virgin Blue)
19:55 Brisbane => 22:20 Cairns (Qantas)

(Watch out you don't get one of the flights with a stopover in Townsville)

Thanks Kevin.........will get on it ASAP............just finalising my meeting schedule in Brisbane.

Cheers.

Just did the Taka and Ocean Quest trips... If you can do either (ESPECIALLY the Taka trip) I'd highly recommend them... DSDD was great, and the Osprey Reef trip (most of all, the shark feed there) was incredible!!

Hi There,

Have a look at our video on Osprey Reef which you can dive on the four night trips on Taka, Spirit of Freedom and Spoilsport.

Hope you get booked - all these boats are excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom