Buddy Wanted for Saturday, Sep 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric gundrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Saturday, Sep 17 is coastal clean-up day. I had planned to do my third annual clean-up of the Santa Cruz Wharf this Saturday. Unfortunately, my regular buddy has abandoned me.

Would anyone like to join me in cleaning up the sand under the Santa Cruz Wharf?

In the past two years I've done this dive, I've found it to be much different from a typical Monterey dive. The dive is less than 30' deep and the viz is only a few feet. I've spent most of my time untangling rope or digging "treasure" out of the sand. But I find this "working" dive to be an unusual experience where I've learned much better how to work with shears and a knife, how to deal with near zero viz, and how it feels to be entangled in a web of mono-filament. Those experiences have made me a better diver. I'd like to share such opportunities with others. It also feels good to haul 40 pounds of debris out of the ocean. :)

If you are interested in joining me on Saturday and doing a bit of clean-up, please contact me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom