Buddy's vs Divi Flamingo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's funny. I have stayed at Divi twice, and and going to Buddy's in March. I wonder the opposite! The Divi good things were: the studios were VERY close to the dive dock and pool; food was good at the restaurants; the grounhds were pretty; dive lockers right on the dock which is also eaasy to get to the trucks out the side gate; there is a nice little sand beach; nice pool in the studio area with falling water; easy shore diving tank exchange.

Downside: If you stay in the oceanfront rooms, they are hot in the afternoons. I didn't like all the debris (heavy stuff like I-beams, etc) that was in the nearshore waters. They say it was left to provide homes for fish, but it is not attractive. The main reason I am trying Buddy's is that the shore looks prettier, even tho no beach; in that the cliff is more attractive to me than jetty-type boulders. Please tell me the inshore waters are pretty at Buddy's!!!

We've stayed at both and, on balance, prefer the Divi. We like Buddy too, but it always seems so busy and booked up with groups. The Divi is a little more laid-back and we like the proximity to the town so we can walk to the various restaurants.

Buddy's has the I-beam things too, but they have them all stacked up in one place. Other than that, it's very nice.

Have never stayed at Divi's, but did stay at Buddy's and LOVED it. Great room, good breakfasts, found the staff amazingly helpful. Very nice house reef, btw, and an excellent one for night dives.

I guess it depends what you are looking for?

I too love Buddy's and the great night dives there, did that most of the week there. The staff are wonderful along with the food. They also own the place next door- the Lion's Den.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom