Budget Accommodation in Taveuni?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrewtao

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning my diving trip to Taveuni. I just got reply from Green island resort, whick was sold by Aqua-Trek recently. After renovation, the resort will re-open in middle March, but unfortunately they won't have dorm room any more.

Does anybody know any budget accommodation in Taveuni?

Thanks.

Andrew

Last edited:
Hi Cawhite,

Thank you for your comments. Very helpful.

Yes, I meant Garden island resort, haha.

Oh, Andrew... and (as I'm sure you saw) Dolphin Bay Divers is not on Taveuni. It's a 15 min. boat ride away on Vanua Levu, but the diving would be in the same general location (Rainbow Reef).

Another place I've seen recommended is Makaira by the Sea... that is on Taveuni.

Carole

We stayed at Matei Pointe. Midrange price, but completely perfect and wonderful.

Hi Cawhite,

I have to goto Taveuni as I booked the flight to Taveuni already. So Dolphin Bay Divers Retreat may not be suitable for me because it's on another island. Anyway, thanks for your information.

Regards,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Apparently you have to go through Taveuni to get to Dolphin Bay. I'd rather stay on Taveuni, myself, however. I've also read on tripadvisor about Todra ni Siga and Matei Point... again, lower priced accommodations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom