buhlmann computers or RGBM computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

supervisor

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

i am in the process of buying a new computer and I am curious wether the computers with buhlmann algorithms (uwatec smart pro) will last a few years or will they be replaced by the newer computers with RGBM (suunto, mares)?

anyone?

i heard that the smart pro version 2 are available right now, but are less suitable for repitive dives. The vyper seems to be more suitable, but too conservative.

HELP NEEDED!

Define "too conservative" please...

If it bends you, that's not very good either, eh? :D

In all seriousness, the Suuntos are a decent choice, but even recreational computers (at least today) have RGBM as an "enhancement" that is "folded" over their base algorythm - they are not pure bubble model devices.

For recreational use, I don't think RGBM has much value. I would look at features and what you deem to be important in a computer for YOUR use. Rodales used to publish a list of computers showing liberal/conservative on a scale that was very helpful...don't know if they still do that or not.

Any good mainstream computer will serve you well, as most people just use them as a bottom timer anyway.

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom