Building a tank rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just the other day we were talking about a Tank Rank....I really like your idea and would want it for outside and not for the car....How many shelves high do you think I can go? We have some 12 or more tanks

I'd probably go at least 3 wide then. Not just because of strength, but balance.

That was my worry too. Thanks, I should get around to it in a year or so....lol I am hoping for sooner :wink:

If you want a fixed rack, why don't You just head to an IKEA or so, they have wine racks which are fine for 10-12L tanks ... take wide ones and you're be set up and you can go up to something like 2m high... not really expensive for what they are, just give the wood a varnish coating so that the water doesn't sink in and you're all set.

Sorry to say no Ikea, or anything like it, in Hawaii...and wood isn't all that happy here either, the climate is just to wet...But thanks for the thought (I lived near the French boarder, around Bitsch...LOVED going to Ikea in Saar Louis)

scuba-chuck:
How about building one out of wood for the back of a pickup?

Anyone has any plans for this?

I've seen one. Had two vertical bits with "slots" cut into them the size of about 1/2 way around the tank. 2x4 to make a frame so it would stand up and a bungie cord across from one side to the other to keep the tanks from moving. I'm not sure if it was bolted to the truck or not. Looked to me like you could build one in an hour or so. If you got all fancy about it you could also cover it in something to keep your tanks from getting scratched.....

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom