Bull Sharks in Playa del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there January 26th, no sharks... I heard the same thing: the sand boats used to fill the beach made them go away. Some dive operators told me they dont expect them to be back before next November. Hope I'm wrong...

Chablis

I would like to do the shark dives in early 2011. What dates are they typically in the area and who are the recommended dive charters?

In Cozumel, in certain snorkeling reefs, the fish gather around the boats the minute they hear the engine. Dolphins, in dolphin aquariums near docks approach to people wearing wet suits (who could be divers coming back from a trip) because the staff that feeds them wear wet suits. Bull shark behavior will start soon to go the same way. Does anyone here knows what´s going to happen if a group of divers, without any food nor intention to feed the sharks, get surrounded and poked for food? Will the sharks claim for their food?
I´m talking ten, eleven years from now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom