Bunaken vs. Lembeh Strait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Bowmouth!

Lembeh straights had quite a variety of dive-scapes! Lots of beautiful coral and wall-like dives. By the way, we are beginners and certainly not photographers; we found the muck was great fun, and a nice contrast from the coral sites.

The muck sites we saw were pure Hieronymus Bosch, with plenty of BIZARRE creatures to see, not just micro stuff. Many of the muck creatures looked like the unfortunate kinfolk the coral reef creatures kept locked in the basement. For example, the toad fish were just heinous in appearance, so stupid looking ya wanted to slap 'em, but hilarious!

And if you do like micro, there are way too many things to see. We actually got tired of our DM calling us over to see yet another pygmy sea horse or tee-tiny shrimp. And nudibranchs nudibranchs everywhere!

One thing I saw that confounded me was a couple of large bottles protruding from the coral at Nudi Falls. They were actually encased in the coral; they would have to be quite old wouldn't they?

Looking forward to coming back next year!
Pamela

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom