Bungee cords

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kay90kg

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I want to replace my compass straps with bungee cords. Just don't know where to find any. Do you know any place that I could order bungees on-line?

Thanks

Hi,
I want to replace my compass straps with bungee cords. Just don't know where to find any. Do you know any place that I could order bungees on-line?

Thanks

Unless you HAVE to be DIR: Take the back off of your compass, sew a piece of elastic fabric in a loop. Replace the back with the loop between it and the compass….and there you go.

Here is where I stole the idea:

http://www.torpedo.be/mes.html

Edit: I noticed that this is your first post....Welcome to Scuba Board.

Last edited:
What model of compass to you have? DSS makes awsome bungie mounts for some, otherwise go with couv's suggestion.

Go to a fabric store they usually carry bungie cord . I purchased a couple of yards for a little over a $1. They may not call it bungie cord, but rather round elastic cord or something like that.

Thank you, guys.
I'll check out West Marine today as well as some fabric stores.

And thanks for a warm welcome on the board.

If you're in MA, chances are you're close to an REI which is where I've bought mine. There's one in Reading and another in Framingham. Depending on what kind of compass you have, I've also got a couple of DSS boots kicking around that I could probably donate to a good cause.

Those DSS boots are the bomb! I have one for my SK7 and love it. I think at REI you can get the cord in several colors. At a fabric store you will probably only be able to find it in black or white.

Here's another idea. I recently made a DIY wrist slate using these. Go to walmart and look in the automotive near the tie down straps they will have these small bungee balls. Its about 16 inches of bungee cord with a plastic ball on one end. Just untie the knot and take the ball off and bingo you got more than enough bungee for one side of the compass. A pack of 4 or 6 was around $1.87.

CHIC0734.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom