Bungee mount for Uwatec Smart Tec?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orange_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
bought my smart tec awhile back before deciding to go DIR, so using it in gauge mode and like that i can download dive profiles.

it would be great to be able to bungee it, tho. Has anybody out there done this or have any ideas for modifications? You lot are a whole bunch smarter and more innovative than me...

FYI, right now it has a thick rubber strap and buckle like a watch would have.

thx in advance,

a.

yes, i know i can buy a uwatec bottom timer! ;-)

and i'm familiar w DSS bungee mounts, i have one for my compass.

i was hoping there was an option for the smart tec that did not entail selling it and buying something else...

a.

You put the Smart Tec in the BT holder, they are the same size!

I'm sure if you as Tobin nicely, he'll even make the hole in the side for IR transfer.

Dom

I don't think you'll find a mount for it, but you should be able to take the band off, put the pins back in, and run bungee through the pin space. Otherwise, if you really don't care about the band, cut the band about 1/2" from unit and punch two hole in each side and run the bungee that way.

Not beautiful, but very functional. I did it with others before getting my aladin tec and a DSS mount.

Chris

Just wondering where we got the instruction that a gauge had to be bungee'd on in order to be DIR? I didn't see any mention of it on the GUE site under the eqpt config section. I don't see any bungee'd gauges on any of the divers pictured, either. Thanks.

Mark

mark99:
Just wondering where we got the instruction that a gauge had to be bungee'd on in order to be DIR? I didn't see any mention of it on the GUE site under the eqpt config section. I don't see any bungee'd gauges on any of the divers pictured, either. Thanks.

Mark
We didn't.

It isn't.

There aren't.

Go with whatever works best in this case. Sometimes that's bungees. Sometimes it isn't (like, bare wrist in the tropics...)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom