Bungee with Cressi Edy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tceylan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Cressi edy wrist computer. This has standard wrist watch band. I would like to take the original band out and use bungee with it somehow.

Basically it's the same task as taking a standard wrist watch and mounting it with bungee. Unfortunately, I would like to keep the watch open around the sides since it has push buttons on the sides.

Any ideas?

Im afraid I cant help you there, but as with my post above I am thinking about buying the Cressi Edy, how long have you had it and would you recommend it etc etc..thanks

Buddhasummer,

Please see my posting on the other thread. I strongly recommend it.

Cheers

Could you do something like what I did here Aloha Shore Divers ???

I just threaded thin bungee thru the pins that the rubber wrist strap used to attach to.

I've been using mine this way for 3 years and am very happy with it.

Aloha, Tim

Well, the problem is that Edy is very small. So those pins can take fishing line or thin wire, but
not the bungee. Edy is exactly like a wrist watch with standard wrist watch pins to attach the
straps. The pin holes are 1mm.

I managed to get the bungee cords installed on the Edy. Although I'm not very thrilled about this solution, it's still better than the original wrist strap since now if one of the pins break, then the
other pin is able to keep the computer on my wrist...

Attachments

• IMG_1087.JPG
    IMG_1087.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 101

Back
Top Bottom