Cressida Leonardo Info Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green Frog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a quick search and found the Cressi Leonardo mentioned, but no solid info like I need. I’m thinking of a basic, non-AI wrist mount, preferably smaller than a puck, for very casual recreational diving for the next few years. No tech, no deco, just casual, shallow, warm water diving by a lazy old man. Does anyone here have experiences with this computer that they would be willing to share here (or via DM)?

TIA ~ 🐸

I did a quick search and found the Cressi Leonardo mentioned, but no solid info like I need. I’m thinking of a basic, non-AI wrist mount, preferably smaller than a puck, for very casual recreational diving for the next few years. No tech, no deco, just casual, shallow, warm water diving by a lazy old man. Does anyone here have experiences with this computer that they would be willing to share here (or via DM)?

TIA ~ 🐸
I taught an OW student who had a Leonardo just last week.
Easy computer to use, covers all the basics.
Doesn't look any smaller than the Puck, but most of the computers at this level are about the same size.
The only downside for me is the mono screen, grey background with black text is not ideal when your eyes are "old", even with a pescription mask.

A buddy of mine dives with a Michelangelo. He likes it OK, but is not a fan of the user interface. Single button interfaces drive me nuts. If you just dive air, then probably no issue. You would just need to turn it on and go. If you dive EAN, I'd make sure you are comfortable with changing the mix. That was the biggest complaint he had. As far as your diving goes, it should be fine.

Side note. I was wondering why only three of the Turtles were represented, looks like they have a Raffaello coming out soon. Two buttons.

It turns itself on at 1 msw or thereabouts. About the only reason to turn it on yourself is to check your SI. Also, the screen's more/better visible underwater than it looks topside. I'm only at ~1.5 readers ATM, I have no problem seeing what I need underwater, but I do need readers or a seeing-eye buddy to see that elapsed SI time topside.

I dive air so no complaints about one-button mix changes.

There seems to be a problem with some of them needing a reset after battery change. That hasn't happened to ours (knock on wood) but I don't let them run completely flat: I change the batteries while there's still some charge left.

The only issue I have with it is too sensitive ascent rate alarm (and you can't turn it off). It'll teach you to not wave your arms, esp. while inhaling, pretty quick, so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Another lazy old man here with about 300 dives on my Leonardo. It’s worked fine with no problems. I like the one- button operation. 2 buttons confuses me. Agree about the incessant alarm beeping.

Thank you, @mi000ke & @dmaziuk, that’s just the kind of input I’m looking for. Somebody commented on its size, saying it was nearly as big as the old hockey pucks… but from the pictures, it looks to be closer to standard wrist watch size. What’s your opinion and experience on this?
TIA ~ 🐸

20240229_110228.jpg

Yep, it’s a little bigger than the average wrist watch, but a lot smaller than I remember my AL Matrix “hockey puck” being. Thanks, @dmaziuk!
🐸

TIA ~ 🐸
It was my first computer and i used it for 300 dives and really it has everything you would need from a rec computer

No regrets

Buy the cheapest second hand Leonardo and enjoy it

I have a lot of difficulty seeing the very small numbers on the Safety Stop on my Cressi Leonardo. I keep it as a back up computer & use my Mares Puck Pro regularly (it has much larger numbers). They seem to be the same size to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom