Buoyancy calculation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mct

Registered
Reaction score
I just decide to buy a float arm for my buoyancy problem.

My setup currentluy have 850gr negative buoyancy underwater(according to equipment specs)

What should it be after adding float arms. As I learned whole setup should have some negative bouyancy for better stability while taking macro shots. I can add -135gr,-210gr,-390gr and 650 gr float arm to my setup.But Im trying to understand how many weights is needed for better setup.

I know there are several other topics about this subject but I couldnt find any answer for the wight issue.

thank you in advance.

If you are shooting macro then having a bit of negative bouyancy I think is preferable. If your housing etc is 850 g negative, I would add about 700 g total bouyancy to give a net 150 g negative. For wide angle you might try to get to perfect neutral, but you will also need to make sure you understand that putting flotation on the wrong spot of the housing can make it flip over and give you more trouble.
Bill

hello there.... this is my example setup....
in fresh water they do sink 1cm per second.....
IMG_9501re.jpg
and for the horizontal balance ussualy i use an "hot shoe to ball + clamp + ball to ys end + huge focus light:D)
u can set it lean forward or backward to gain a horizontal trim.... :D

hope that helps....:D

Thank you for the adiveces. Actually I was thinking that wide angle shots are more enjoable for me. But I noticed that taking macro shots means much more fun to me.

so I would like to set my buoyancy for amcro shots. And as I understand 700 gr will be good decision.

Actually I have only one strobe and Im not sure will it be a problem in future or not. Because I will use my setup with only one arm.

Is it other products (Other than inon product) on sale for floating purpose. I just found deep proof items but I think inon ones seems much better.

Thanks.

hello there.... this is my example setup....
in fresh water they do sink 1cm per second.....
View attachment 103292
and for the horizontal balance ussualy i use an "hot shoe to ball + clamp + ball to ys end + huge focus light:D)
u can set it lean forward or backward to gain a horizontal trim.... :D

hope that helps....:D

Looks nice from what I can see (really poor monitor on this work computer), can you please list what those arms are please (length, brand)

Thank you

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom