Buoyancy in water in respect to breathing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best breath control advice I got was by a dm on a discover scuba dive. He said to in inhale fully at a normal rate, and to make the exhale last as long as possible. (within reason of course) I figured no more than 10 sec. I have done this ever since and have had no problem with it.

Thanks for all the help guys, and I will try to let you know how it goes after next weekend. Last year I would go to a pool with the LDS and among other things, go to the shallow end (3 or 4 feet) and practice swimming from one side to the other without touching the bottom or breaking the surface. I eventually got really good at it and was able to stay just below the surface without touching the bottom...great exercise. But then like I said, I was trying this thing that I read and I couldn't figure it out and it was messing with my bouyancy and I didn't know if I was doing something wrong. It just goes to show NOT to believe everything you read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom