Buoyancy, trim AND list control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B:
of course, my situation is with more floaty stuff too .. 7mm suit,hood,gloves,boots

So true. A steel tank should help though. We need to get you into a BP/W and get rid of some of that weight you have to haul. :D

D_B:
that's because your skilled :)

I was just determined that those tanks weren't going to flip me around like an omlette. :laughing:

my first attempt at weightng seems to be about spot on, but we were putting those ankle weights all over me to try to find the sweet spot .. we never did .. my buddy came up with 300psi more than me , in his Al80 :laughing:

a lot of this kind of thing is just experience. i've had a weightbelt on with weights positioned towards the back come a little loose and slosh around on me so that i had 20# off to my left side and it kinda felt like i was listing but never realized how bad it was because i automatically compensated in the water. more than tweaking gear around and overthinking it, you just need to get in the water and dive a bit until you find your sense of balance in the water...

D_B:
my first attempt at weightng seems to be about spot on, but we were putting those ankle weights all over me to try to find the sweet spot .. we never did .. my buddy came up with 300psi more than me , in his Al80 :laughing:

You were having a bit of stress there? :D

Of course, you realize that a BP/W is the answer to every trim problem.

You must be assimilated!

your right, and I did discover the "shift the small bubble of air in wing forward/back to be stable at different attitudes" trick

It was just a little disheartening to look over at my buddy, all level and such, and think .. I used to look like that once :D

D_B:
your right, and I did discover the "shift the small bubble of air in wing forward/back to be stable at different attitudes" trick

I don't know that trick..:huh:

TheRedHead:
You were having a bit of stress there? :D

Of course, you realize that a BP/W is the answer to every trim problem.

You must be assimilated!
I will withhold my technology from assisting the Collective :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom