buoynancy notr setup with wpdc38

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mct

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I just trying to understand how can I make my setup's bouynancy notr. I have several item listed below but Im not sure what will happen when I dive with this setup. I found several items for make the setup buoynant. But Im not sure how much that I need to buy before go for diving.

My setup is
S95 with wpdc38
Inon UWL-h100 with dome port II
doble tray with two bar (10 ınch 10bar)
ucl 165 close up
Intova IS 4000 and focus light

IS tehre any suggestion about the item and the quantaty?

Thank you.

I was looking around a closed-cell foam options, which will be mounted to the strobe arms. However, I found that pre-cut options were excessively priced.

I know that they use this foam for kayaks, so I did a little Google search and found this, which I would simply cut to my specifications using a scalpel.

I haven't bought the stuff yet, but when I do get the chance to try it out, I'll post my results.

Closed Cell Foam 12in. x 24in. x 4in. - Austin Kayak - Product Details

Lots of folk use Divinycell which is quite tough and works well but not as "soft" as the Stix stuff. Stix is expensive but it is very nicely finished.
Bill

I looked up the Divinycell, and it looks to be the cat's meow, but it's really, really expensive. Not to mention that you need to buy it in pretty big pieces (25+ square feet...more than I would ever use).

Here is a great previous SB post on the subject by Woodman: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/canon-corner/342494-wrestling-bouyancy-issues-g10-ikelite.html

He gives a source for for divinycell foam (Aircraft Spruce & Specialty: DIVINYCELL FOAM PVC from Aircraft Spruce ). With your setup I bet the Type H100 would work great (tan color, their higher density stuff). They sell small pieces too, a 6"x10"x1" is only $9.65 + shipping. I got a 10x12" piece and was able to make floatation for 3 P&S camera setups.

Home Depot etc. sells spray rubber coating (Plasti Dip is what I used), which really adheres (nothing has rubbed off or flaked) so it protects the foam quite well. I guessed at sizes, did some testing in the bathtub and ended up with an inexpensive, solid solution--and I'm certainly not a DIY type on most projects. With shipping, protective coating paint etc. you might get $20 bucks or so into it. I've had the rig down to at least 100' with absolutely no compression of the foam (the zip ties that attach it are still as tight as when I made it). Fun project, good solution. A belated thanks WOODMAN!! // ww

Thanks for the links WwW. My rig is really heavy, which gets extremely tiresome. It's hard to shoot when your arms are shaking from fatigue.

tahnk you very much for all reply. Actually ım not sure how can I intall these boards to my setup. Do you put them under the tray or somewhere else. Actually ıf you have any picture it will help me.

MCT, did you read Woodman's thread that I posted a link to all the way thru? He describes quite well how to make and put things together. (You need to read thru a bunch of posts until he gets into describing what he did.) You are basically cutting a 1" thick piece of foam into blocks (maybe 2"x3"x1"" or 2"x4"x1"?). You'll then need to temporairly hold the two separate blocks together (very tightly) and drill a hole lengthwise thru the two pieces (3/8ths" drill bit worked for me on UCLS type arms). After spray painting them with the rubberized paint you then use 2 zip ties to hold the blocks together around the arm--done deal. There are photos posted and plenty of help in that thread, no sense repeating all the details here. // ww

yes u right.

Im using Iphone and I couldnt see the link. Then I saw it when I connected via a my computer. Thank you for all explanations. I will try it. Do you know any other metarial because I couldnt find the foam here int Turkey. And I tryed to order it via web site but ıt will take about 1 week and ı dont have soo much time.

once again thank you for all the posts. I also saw the pictures :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom