Busty Women Diving/Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing I wanted to add and ask is if you guys ever experienced wardrobe malfunctions underwater even in wet suits and stuff.

I usually seem to grow stronger in winter and can barely fit my undersuit early in the year.

I make sports bra style bikini tops and they're my go to. Enough support for the girls, but still good freedom of movement. Front zip 1mm jackets are a great option for protection and open cell construction is nice and stretchy. Also, the front zip 1 piece rashguard style swimsuits are great. They offer a little more protection without restriction. Plenty of brands on Amazon that fit us larger chested girls well.

Sorry if this post is only for like 10% of people on this website. I wanted to ask about this stuff because I've only really swam by myself or dove with a man. For any other busty ladies out there swimming and diving, what kind of problems or perks do you experience? Too be honest the first big perk for me is the weightless and floating part of everything, but the biggest problem I face is finding something that fits but also covers enough. I can't really wear one piece suits anymore so I swim in a bikini now. I debated putting this under a ranting thread but only women would understand this anyway haha.
👋 Hey girl, I see you. Yes, the weightlessness helps tremendously with the back issues caused by the boulders. Unfortunately, we are all different shapes and sizes. With the swimsuit, you're just going to have to go somewhere (or several places) and try on multiple bathing suits. If you find one, great. If you find more than one, get them! That way you have options. If you're fair skinned, get a rashguard! This will save your skin from burns and any allergies you potentially have with salt / fresh water microbials. I prefer the strapless bikinis (no bikini lines), but I like to modify or buy them with the neck strings, so you have the option to strap them puppies down! Lol I hope this helps ❤️

Unless you are in extremely warm water you need UPF coverage as well as some warmth.
I wear a 2 piece suit and either a rash guard or lycra skin for sun protection and some modest warmth and a shorty wetsuit if need be. Try men's wetsuits.. they are big in chest compared to hips. If onevworks cheaper than custom.
The rash guard fits tight like a second skin, not a floppy swim tee.

👋 Hey girl, I see you. Yes, the weightlessness helps tremendously with the back issues caused by the boulders. Unfortunately, we are all different shapes and sizes. With the swimsuit, you're just going to have to go somewhere (or several places) and try on multiple bathing suits. If you find one, great. If you find more than one, get them! That way you have options. If you're fair skinned, get a rashguard! This will save your skin from burns and any allergies you potentially have with salt / fresh water microbials. I prefer the strapless bikinis (no bikini lines), but I like to modify or buy them with the neck strings, so you have the option to strap them puppies down! Lol I hope this helps ❤️
Ya I wear that style of bikini that go around my neck too. I feel like those bikini types are required for these sizes. I see women walk around with the type that just go around their backs thinking I could never do that Lol And I do shower or at least rinse off after going in the ocean, mostly for the salt in my long hair but also for just bacteria and stuff. It would suck to run out of breath underwater and make it to the surface only to get an infection days later lol

This busty gal relies on bra sized bikini tops (bravissimo.com/barenecessities.com/her room.com) and a mix of bathing suit briefs, bike shorts and leggings. Many of my bikini tops are underwire and it hasn’t bothered me. I don’t need running level support while diving, but like solid support on surface intervals.

This busty gal relies on bra sized bikini tops (bravissimo.com/barenecessities.com/her room.com) and a mix of bathing suit briefs, bike shorts and leggings. Many of my bikini tops are underwire and it hasn’t bothered me. I don’t need running level support while diving, but like solid support on surface intervals.
If you want to PM me your size if you don't want to post publicly... from your post it sounds like you might fit what I'm looking for to try out some new products. I just increased the support in one of my bikini lines and added a UPF sports bra gym to swim option. Looking E+ and or plus sized ladies that would be interested in trying them and giving feedback on fit and support levels.

Interesting topic, a few things:

I have seen a few wardrobe malfunctions in my life. Anything more than a calm sea is not a friend of bikinis.

I was on a boat with a woman diving in a bikini. When she was coming up to the ladder she swam through what I think were detached jellyfish tentacles. Her chest, waist, back and upper thighs were covered in welts. She was not a happy camper and I could see was in some pain.

Finally, a good friend of mine was above average in the chest area and used to wear triathlete swimwear. She was into fitness and it seemed to give her the support she needed.

I can relate. @ValkyrieDesigns - I'd be interested in hearing about your stuff, though my bikini days are long gone.
What works for me:
-DiveRite BP. Always felt like BC's smooshed the girls, issue getting to pockets on the BC. BP so minimal.
-2 piece exposure suits. I can get different sized tops/bottoms. Zip front jacket style. Lavacore and a couple other companies make them. Game changer for me.
- 1 piece or tankini. Athleta used to carry really nice triathlon gear with built in bras, lots of support, but no more.

I am that age where I'm having issues with joints not flexing like they used to so the 2 piece exposure solves a couple issues. The downsides - I've had gawkers over the years, watching and waiting for the girls to fall out as I took off gear. One trip some of the fellow divers had placed bets on a wardrobe malfunction. Never happens. I was not amused when the dive shop owner (a woman) relayed the info.

Back
Top Bottom