Buy a shark billboard in China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arfy

Registered
Reaction score
This is definitely worth getting involved with if you care about sharks and want to help to change attitudes in China. I came across this yesterday on wetpixel.com and have already dipped into my wallet..................

Shark Savers and WildAid are collaborating on a multi-media campaign in China targeting the consumers of shark fin soup. For $100 you can fund a "Say 'no' to shark fin soup" bus stop billboard featuring basketball star Yao Ming, one of China's most popular and influential citizens. For a limited time, a sponsor of Shark Savers is matching donations, so your $100 gets TWO billboards put up.

This campaign targets the largest consumers of shark fin via a local hero's influence -- fighting from the inside is the only effective way to stop shark finning in the long term.

Last year, WildAid had 200 billboards in Beijing for 3 months. In a survey, 19% of Beijingers responding remembered having seen the boards and 82% of those people said they would stop or reduce their consumption of shark fin soup. Imagine the power of 1000 billboards for an entire year. This campaign works and your billboard will have an impact!

Buy a billboard in China. Strike a blow against shark fin soup!

Anyone have any first-hand information on the legitimacy of Shark Savers?

Shark Savers are definitely legit - Rob Stewart, who was the guy in Sharkwater, is involved, and I have met Shawn Heinrichs who's also involved.

See Leadership

Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom